Monday 4 November 2019

Stupid Crow




I spent hours last night troubleshooting a very simple blueprint.


That's it, only 4 nodes, nothing at all complicated. But I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't play the sound when I shot it (Event PointDamage) yet worked fine when I bumped into it (OnComponentHit). It made no sense at all.

Then around 4:30 A.M. I finally fixed it...


It turns out the sound was playing the whole time after all. The problem was the sound of the gun I shot it with drowned out the crow caw sound. All I had to do to make it work as intended was add a short .3 second delay between receiving the hit event and playing the sound.

I'd better wait until tomorrow before trying to add a trigger event to make the crow caw whenever a player comes within a certain (configurable) distance of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment