Friday 24 January 2014

Mailbag - Market Mistake

Re: Re: Market mistake
From: Name Removed
Sent: 2014.01.21 09:27
To: My Tradealt,

Thank you very much. Indeed noteworthy and rare to find players with your attitude. It's experiences like this that makes me want to keep on playing this game.

Yours faithfully
Name Removed

--------------------------------
Re: Market mistake
From: My Tradealt
Sent: 2014.01.21 08:34
To: Name Removed,

Fair enough.

I hate the way the market does that braindead crap and since you asked so nicely I sent you another 74.85 mil.

--------------------------------
Market mistake
From: Name Removed
Sent: 2014.01.19 13:14
To: My Tradealt,

Greetings

Congratulations on your purchase of the Highwall Mining MX-1005 implant for 150K isk. I was a bit too quick about putting it on the market, and what should have been a 150M sell order became a 150K sell order, automatically filling your buy order of 75M.

I would be extremely happy with any compensation for my mistake, hoping that you would pay at least the remaining 74,850,000 isk of your buy order. I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best.

Fly safe.

Yours faithfully
Name Removed

5 comments:

  1. with 300bil+ its a drop in the sea for you, might be big for the other guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, in cases like this if the guy is nice about I'll top it up to the amount of my buy order... If he's a dick about it, insisting, demanding, threatening, I ignore him.

      Just goes to show sometimes it does pay to be nice.

      Delete
  2. Ye I agree. It's nice that you notice these blunders. In all my trading I have not received a one email. Perhaps that's a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made my share of these blunders. I've never sent a request for the 'real' amount, because I just chalked it up to one of them things. Kinda like getting ganked. Now I wish I had said something; who knows? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I see people buying my items for 1.5 or twice the price listed, roughly speaking. I don't know why, but I shrug and move on.

    However, someone once paid about 20 times too much. So I emailed him and returned half his money - I still made a windfall, and removed some of the sting. He never replied though.

    ReplyDelete